[ QUOTE ]
Vermont Senate approves impeachment resolution
Published: Friday, April 20, 2007
burlingtonfreepress.com
MONTPELIER -- The Vermont Senate voted 16-9 this morning to urge the state's congressional delegation to initiate impeachment proceedings against President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney.
The vote came quietly in the Senate chamber, with no impeachment supporters in the room and no debate. The senate resolution was introduced by Sens. Peter Shumlin and Jeanette White, two Windham County Democrats.
Impeachment supporters have lobbied legislators to take up the matter, and this week were back in Montpelier to press legislative leaders. Shumlin and Speaker of the House Gaye Symington have told supporters there was no time for full legislative debate and action in the issue in this session, but reminded them that a single legislator could raise the issue at anytime.
[/ QUOTE ]
Should they be impeached? Well, I am not sure but one thing I am sure of is this: I am conservative on a lot of issues.... but with the war thing I am against... I was for it in the beginning but after seeing the results I would have to side with them pulling out. Here is one of the biggest problems with the whole thing: The majority wants our troops to come home.... but Bush says no.... I do not think he is a bad man but he needs to listen to wise council.... we are doing nothing there... except getting our soldiers killed. I say let him veto the bill and when he does get his butt out of there.... he has been given plenty of oppurtunities to make it right and he has refused to do so. From him saying they had weopons of mass destruction which was proved to be not true.... to we are making progress in Iraq.. which it does not seem that way.... come on.. admitt that you were wrong and resign!!




Bookmarks